Sunday, October 26, 2014

Inspiration: Hoods and Capes

The recent heatwave has finally subsided, and though it's still far from cold, the 60-70 degree days have been enough to spur thoughts of outerwear DIYs.  Last year, I played with faux leather accents and an A-line houndstooth shape.

This year, hoods and capes have been occupying my mind:

Givenchy Hooded Cape - my Pinterest link pointed here, but the pictures were dead, I *think* the blogger is Chicmuse here.  If you know the real source, please do let me know and I will fix!

Hooded Coat - sourced from TheHunt here

Street style photo - cape dress - sourced from Harper's Bazaar here

It, of course, remains to be seen whether I can successfully create my version of one of these, but I'll definitely try!

2 comments:

  1. I've always loved capes like the first one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the drama of this photo - the cape, the setting, the woman - all make for such a stunning pic

      Delete

I'm the type of gal who gets giddy when I receive mail - it's no different with comments! I really appreciate the feedback and love hearing from you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...