Sunday, August 3, 2014

Maxi Makeover w/ a DIY Scarf

Inspired by Blake Lively's Gucci dress, I wanted to try a simple overlay effect.  For this, I chose a print to contrast with my solid maxi dress:


Difficulty: Easy

Time: ~20 minutes

Materials:
  • 3/4 yard of 52-60" width chiffon fabric
Pattern:
  • Scarf tutorial here, but modify the measurements as follows: 
    • Narrow the width - I used 10" by measuring at the base of my neck from one shoulder to the other 
    • Mirror the length of your maxi * 2 for the length (mine was 104" so I connected 2 rectangles of 10 x 52.5")
Once the scarf is finished, simply cut a hole in the middle for your head and finish the edges with a rolled hem.  I used an existing slip-over type top to get the proper size.

That's it!

Other scarf-as-clothing ideas HERE and HERE.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

I'm the type of gal who gets giddy when I receive mail - it's no different with comments! I really appreciate the feedback and love hearing from you :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...